Who are we?
We are a volunteer run not-for-profit group. Our aim is to raise awareness of Type 1 Diabetes through education in schools, medical practices and the wider community. We provide support and connect families living with this chronic illness.
We are parents, individuals, advocates, medical practitioners and supporters that make up a village for families living with Type 1 Diabetes. We aim to be the link for families seeking support and information. We provide support to help live positively with Type 1 Diabetes.
Ongoing awareness of this condition is crucial for community understanding, government support, development, and access to the latest technology in managing this condition.
We aim to create a generation of young people with Type 1 Diabetes who understand, accept and properly manage their condition responsibly.
Our core purpose is to advocate for children, adults and their families.
For children to accept and families cope with managing the condition, they need:
- Unconditional support not just from their families, but principally from their schools and their medical practitioners.
- Families supporting children and parents with Type 1 Diabetes need support and understanding with this incurable and relentless disease.
Via much needed fundraising, we wish to:
- Link families with crucial support networks and tools that will deliver world class service delivery support in schools.
- increase awareness in schools by providing education collateral and campaigns.
- Provide access to, and information about life-saving technology.
- Provide social opportunities so you do not feel alone
- Allow children and teenagers, with family support, to build confidence in their ability to safely manage their health through events
If you would like to be connected to a support group near you, or would simply like some more information about how the foundation can help you, click here.