Who are we?
We are a volunteer run not-for-profit Group with the aim to raise awareness of Type 1 Diabetes through education in schools, medical practices and the Community and provide support and connect families living with this chronic illness.
We are parents, advocates, medical practitioners and supporters that make up a village for families living with Type 1 Diabetes. We aim to be the link for families seeking support and information, to help them live positively with Type 1 Diabetes and enable them to connect with technology, education tools and other families.
We aim to create a generation of young people with Type 1 Diabetes who understand, accept and properly manage their condition responsibly.
Our core purpose is to advocate for the care of children living with Type 1 Diabetes in schools.
For children to accept and also people to manage their condition, they need:
- Unconditional support not just from their families, but principally from their schools and their medical practitioners.
- That ongoing awareness of this condition is crucial for Community understanding, Government support and developing innovation in technology in managing this condition.
- Families supporting children and parents with Type 1 Diabetes need support and understanding with this incurable and relentless disease.
Via much needed fundraising, we wish to:
- Link families with crucial support networks and tools that will deliver world class service delivery support in schools.
- increase awareness in schools by providing education collateral and campaigns.
- Provide access to and information about, life-saving technology.
If you would like to be connected to a support group near you, or would simply like some more information about how the foundation can help you, click here.